Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pre - Thanksgiving racing thoughts

Well,

We're about to start into my favorite weekend of the year. Nothing beats a good Thanksgiving meal, good stake races, and a huge golf equipment sale!

The Hollywood Turf Festival has been a profitable weekend for me for as many years as I can remember. I still remember banging the $30 plus Hollywood Derby winner Good Reward almost wiring the field with Jerry Bailey for Shug McGaughy. That was a $2,500 hit in my pajamas. Do you remember your hits made in front of your TV in your PJ's?

I also remember the 1994 NYRA Mile as it was Cigar's 2nd win in 'The Streak' and I cashed a healthy ticket then too. After being at the track for Cigar's initial win to start the streak, it took a few minutes to regain my composer and get my jaw off the floor after seeing Cigar's stride in that race - I knew he was extremely special.  What a run Cigar had. I still blame Jerry Bailey for chasing Richard Mandella's entry in fractions of 1:08 and 1:33 as Dare and Go swept bye for the victory to kill "The Streak". He wasn't a motorcycle who could go as fast as he could the whole way around as that asshole Bailey thought, he was a wonderful horse the Billy Mott held together masterfully during those 19 wins. Cigar ran many a horse into the ground including Skip Away, but fell victim to a shit ride by an over - rated jockey.

Now in 2011 - my favorite weekend is here again. Join me in on the fun of cashing big tickets. I have a Holiday Special : Thursday - Sunday , four days of simulcast selections for only $25 at www.pick4win.com . Let's get started on a profitable end to 2011.

No comments: