Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sometimes it's so easy

K-

Today is Wednesday November 10th. I got home from work a little early and felt like gambling. I turn on my local racing network to see what up.

Well the first horse I see on track at Aqueduct was #4 - didn't know the name, didn't know the race, but this horse just looked good to my eye. So I open my ADW account find out the race, the horse , and keep watching. A few other looked good warming up , but i stuck with my gut and bet $20 Win on #4 the horse that first caught my eye. Bingo!!   Easy winner.

Now I'm interested. So I print of the PP's for the 6th, 7th, & 8th to see what i can dope out. I see that the #11 in the 6th is lone speed. I make Pick3's and Pick4's singling the #11 and box the #11 in exacta a few times. Well the #11 speed pops them opens up 10 lengths - and gets nailed in the last jump. Well i blew all my multi-tickets but cashed the $75 exacta a few times!!   Now I ready to play!!

One of my 'always consider' horses Abilio was running in the 8th and once again was lone speed. Her last races was too horrible to believe , so I bet $40 Win at 3/1  , boxed him in some exactas , and made some blind doubles. Bingo again!!  Abilio wins with complete authority having rated on the lead for the first time instead of being speed crazy. Well I banged the $52 exacta quite a few times and now I riding out a few doubles.

I never had any plan to bet today, but it goes back to one of my favorite quotes from Sunny Jim Fitzsimmons - "make a bet everyday, you might be walking around lucky and not even know it."

Words to live by ....  Wish me luck! I'm already walkin a little taller Trotter!

3 comments:

Crystal C. said...

Things always go better when you dont over plan. :)

Crystal C. said...

Our Breeders Cup picks were down the same tract!

Zenyatta John said...

Thanks Crystal! It just felt good today.

As far as BC picks, I'm a pretty good handicapper so I will always be interested in your opinions.

To all - Crystal has worked in almost every aspect of the horse industry. The more we talk, the more we have in common. I'm looking forward to her sharing her opinion here on HP&HP.