Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hero to goat in a week

Yes -

In case you didn't know , I didn't have the best of horse racing weekend last week. I do actually bet the same horses I put on the blog and www.pick4win.com so when you lose , I lose.

I have two assholes - Michael Collins and Daniel Rado who feel the need to express their displeasure when I pick a loser. What is the actual expectation ? If I put up 10 selections , how many should I win? Sure I'd like to win them all. A 30% win ratio would be considered outstanding. That means I'm gonna lose 7 out of 10 races.

Let's examine what goes into a race. I spend around two hours trying to find the best plays for that day. I try to avoid favorites at all costs. I look for value. Then everything has to go exactly perfect in order to win the race. Horses are living breathing animals. They have aches and pains and we as bettors only hope there are at their best when they get loaded into the starting gate. Who knows if the horse feels like running today?

Then everything has to go exactly like I saw in my mind for the race to play out. First the horse needs to remain calm during pre-race activities. The the horse needs to load and break from the gate without incident. Then the horse needs to have a good trip around the track without checking in traffic, getting caught in a speed duel, going six wide around the far turn, or needing to find room to make a run.

What else needs to go right? A speed horse needs a slow pace while a closer needs a fast pace. How is the track playing ? Speed favoring? Deep and tiring favoring off the pace horses? Since I made my selections 24 hours earlier - things can change.

Lots of variables huh ? Everything has to fall in line just to get one winner. Most horse players understand all these things come into play which is why you pick more losers than winners. I've been given horses over the years from Clockers who say " this is the best horse I've every seen" - and guess what ? THEY LOSE !! I've been given horses from trainers - " so and so has never been better" - and guess what - THEY LOSE !!

So if you haven't got my point - picking winners is a hard task. Making money with horses is a whole different ballgame. My horse might run 2nd at a great price and I provide the $140 exacta? I consider that a win even though my horse lost. You might bet the exacta, my horse wins but I blow the exacta so tickets go uncashed again.

What I'm trying to say is stars have to align to have a great day - and I do have great days. I also have bad days. Before you send me an email busting about me losing - think about all these variables that have to fall in place. Besides , if you could read the Racing Form or handicap yourself better than me - why visit my site ?? I provide tremendous insight and many double digit winners. I don't ride or train the horses myself. I do my best to pick and post winners.

I feel bad enough when I have a bad day. Playing the horses is a hobby not a job. Grow up Michael and Daniel, be men not children, and if you lose - you lose. If you win - you win.

That's why they call it gambling - NOT ABSOLUTE WINNING !!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally agree! Gambling is just that...if we could all pick winners, we would all be rich and quit jobs, this is supposed to be FUN, and if you cannot afford to lose, you should not play the GAME :) We love ya, Jack! xoxo Barbara

Zenyatta John said...

Thanks for your support as always Barbara !!

Unknown said...

You are very welcome, my friend.
I appreciate all your time and effort into your picks, and any complainers should just do all the work themselves or hush! :)
U Rock!
Barbara

Unknown said...

Great stuff Jack. Keep up the good work and I know it is A LOT of work to handicap. In horseracing or in anything--No whining allowed!

Zenyatta John said...

Thanks TJ - Best of luck today!