Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Old Fashioned wins the Southwest

The big horse is back -

Old Fashioned just equaled the stakes record of Smarty Jones as he cruised to a three length win in the Southwest at Oaklawn Park. It was a quick half of 45.93 , as they turned for home , 'Old boy' swooped to the lead. It look as if RearView Ramon gave him 5 or 6 good wacks with the whip which I saw as unnecessary. Especially when he galloped out very strong all the way to the backstretch.

'Old Boy' looked only about 75% for this effort and should get a lot out of it. Remember what I said, the Derby winner will have at least 3 races prior to the first Saturday in May. Hopefully he cools out well, eats up , and is kicking down the barn in the morning.

I'll take a look at the Derby Dozen and see if there is any changes. Stay tuned ...

Hizzle my fazzizles ...

2 comments:

Hellzilla said...

I was very impressed by "Old Boy" (I like the nickname better). I've been waiting to see him actually get challenged, and Silver City gave him a good test.

Zenyatta John said...

That might be the only race he faces a challenge. I was wondering why Ramon was 'cracking him' as they were drawing away, especially with the strength in his gallop out ...

His stride in the Remsen made my jaw drop. That's only happened twice. In race #1 of Cigar's streak and Zenyatta's maiden win. That leads me to believe he is a freak.