Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

ZJ's Double Derby Dozen 2011 - #2

Well -

I covered the first half of the Double Derby Dozen with #1 - with a few races left at Hollywood to change things up , there will be little shift if the DDD for a few weeks. Without further adieu - DDD #2

13. Turbulent Decent - a extremely nice Congrats filly who will be racing one more time before the year is out.

14. Cool Blue Red Hot - Mr Angel Penna is on the Derby Trail for the first time I can remember.

15. Bandbox - a very nice stride on this colt, but got blown out of the water by my #1 in the Remsen.

16. Read The Contract - another fast Rick Violette colt , we'll see how far he wants to go.

17. Acaffella - Nice to see Mr Mandella with another good one, should be on schedule after minor setback.

18. Brethren - baby half to Super Saver was supposed to be the Toddster's 2nd or 3rd best baby.

19. Sovereign Default - Mr Violette think this one will stretch out with ease, comeback in question.

20. Runflatout - was the hottest horse in California since FuPeg , we'll see where he shows up.

21. Tapizar - broke maiden in faster time than stake day in first start at 1 1/16 miles, knew trainer had a few more 'good' ones. Can't wait to see more from this one.

With few races left to impact the list , we'll watch the workouts , and see where the list needs to be tweaked.

3 comments:

Polamalu43 said...

I would look for Smash, the Baffert colt, to be in the picture at some point! All in all pretty good list ZJ!

Zenyatta John said...

Hey Polamalu!

Thanks for checking in. I don't know if I remember Smash so I will put him in my stable mail and look him up on the Cal website.

As you can see I am still looking for 3 more horses to put on the list. One of the Top 10 colts on my list Twinspired is running Saturday at Remington. Keep an eye on that colt!

ZJ

Polamalu43 said...

ZJ-All in all a nice web site you have! I wound up here while participating on the horseplayernow chats! Thought I would give it a look!

You have a nice thing going! BTW, Smash had a set back after he broke his maiden in July, so I don't know where he is at this point.

Cool Blue Red Hot is very intriguing also. I will catch up to you later. Keep up the good work!