Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An eye for talent

Proof is in the pudding. No I'm not talking about Cosby going back to Jello, but does he really need the money? Anyway ...

I have an eye for horse talent. I can see in a horses stride if they stand out among the rest. I can still remember standing at simulcast that October afternoon when a non-descript field was assembled in 1994 dirt race in NY. My horse didn't win the race, nor do I even remember who I bet. I was amazed at what I saw. My jaw was on the floor watching this colt effortlessly open up on this field. I looked around and couldn't believe nobody else was in awe of this brilliance. I could not wait to bet this horse back, there was no way on Earth he would lose. He came back in the NYRA Mile and crushed this field with ease and paid a solid double digit mutual. That was the start of 'The Streak" and that race is now named in his honor - Cigar.

The only other time I've seen this exhilarating brilliance, my comment in my stable mail was "jaw dropping , like Cigar" - was the debut of the unbeaten champion Zenyatta.

So you see I have an eye for racing talent. When i started my Derby Dozen way back in the winter i was laughed at by skeptics when I had on top as my number 1 for many , many weeks was Afleet Express. His demonstrated brilliance in his debut overcoming a horrid start to settle in last and run past the entire field without encouragement in the last 1/8 of the race to win his debut. I knew this colt was special.

Well last Saturday Afleet Express blasted a 114 Beyer Speed Fig crushing his field at Belmont going 7 furlongs in 1:21 and change. The only other 7 furlong race that day went in 1:25!! That's a mere 20 lengths faster!! Another blogger who gets his entries posted on Equidaily, so he is well respected by some, wrote this week - "he could be the best 3 yr old of the crop."

Well boys and girls , you heard that here FIRST cause i said it in January!!! It pays to be ahead of the curve - literally!!

Nothing is better than good information, a great eye, and solid handicapping. My fans gets all that for FREE here on Hoof Prints and Horse Play. Of course on www.pick4win.com i get more in depth with more selections, and if you haven't tried purchasing my selections, this weekend will be a great time to start. Four days of incredible action. I averaged 30% winners last weekend, nonetheless all the exactas, trifectas, and superfectas my numbers filled out.

Join in the fun! The best of luck!

No comments: