Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Breeders' Cup Friday 10/24

Elloluv,

Its a glorious day in horse land everywhere. I have a strong opinion in the Juv Filly Turf today and in the Turf on Saturday. I have changed a few of my earlier BC opinions after learning some of the European horses are not adapting to the heat. They are getting lathered up in the mornings and that's not even the hottest part of the day. Not a good sign at all.

But my only free play today will come after all the BC action is done for today. At the Meadowlands in race 8- #9 STORM PLAY , who is now 2/2 after scoring out at $27 at Saratoga on Travers day. He will become a Stake winner tonite in only his 3rd start.

I will post my BC picks on the blog at Post Time of each race. No freebie's , but my opinions will be documented.

Good luck !

4 comments:

exactabox said...

Jack you sound pretty confident on the picks today. As a fan of racing...and wagering, I will go against you on the Euro lather angle and say they get thier bearings by post time. I am playing all EU triple combo's in the 6th with 4,7,8,&9.

My theory is that if the EU runners dominate today, the cat will be out of the bag for tomorrow and there will be no value in that angle come Saturday - so if your going to bang it, todays the day. IF there is an EU edge on this turf course it will be confirmed in this race. I agree with your premise and its a good reason to dump them...In fact I will be rooting down a heavy Wait and Forever exactabox...but my pocket will be stuffed with EU/Turf Domination wagers acheing for lady window.

Zenyatta John said...

I went 3 winners out of 5 on the BC races.. Ventura , Forever Together , and Zenyatta.

My filly in the Juv Filly Turf was buried in traffic the whole race, she never looked comfortable and weakened after being yanked outside to the middle of the course down the lane ...

Not a bad day, and my free pick runs tonite at the Meadowlands.

#9- Storm Play in the 8th.

exactabox said...

I have to say, the Euros are out tomorrow...only the exceptional will warrent consideration.

I nailed Maram with pick 3's on both sides. I thought, a horse that breaks a $70k+ maiden at Saratoga on the first try and runs down a graded stakes trophy next out, has a future.

I couldnt take the meadowlands lead...saving it up for tomorrow.

Zenyatta John said...

Nice score with Maram !! Good luck today.