Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Two weeks till Derby

Wow -

Its only two weeks till Derby Day. We still must wait for the Derby Trial to see if any of those challengers want to run back a week later for the roses. Normally it doesn't produce Derby runners, but at least three colts this season are considering the unique double.

Make sure to pay attention to the workouts and daily doings at Churchill from now till Derby day. The place horse may blossom over the next 14 days and cap a huge ticket. The winner worked over the CD dirt surface Saturday and the reviews were amazing and so were his fractions!

I highly recommend Steve Haskins writings as well as the DRF coverage for all morning activity.

I was blown away to see Eskendereya has run a -3 1/2 on the sheets, that's shockingly low. He looks like a grinder to me, he certainly doesn't have the late kick of Sidney's Candy. I was also shocked to see American Lion ran a sub-zero sheet number in the Illinois Derby. Mr Harty has been so high on this colt for a year. I hope he blossoms in the next two weeks , after seeing his 46 and change work this weekend, he might be on the way. Besides I have two very nice Future Wagers at 38/1 and 41/1 in the first two pools of wagers.

There are a bunch of horses I don't like - but I'll get more into them next time.

Check in later this week for more Derby Doings ....

No comments: