Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Derby Prep's for this weekend

Well-

I am all jacked up - been looking through the PP's for tomorrow and I already have some very strong plays. But I wanted to look at a few races being run today and tomorrow that may effect the Road to the Roses.

At Gulfstream today, my #1 Derby prospect Afleet Express runs in what is solely a prep race cause its only 6 furlongs and I know he will go much further. But the Fountain of Youth is February 20th so it certainly give him enough time to recover and ship to Aqueduct for the Wood Memorial in early April. I am not betting him today, I just want to watch him stretch the enormous stride out once again with a good stretch run and an improved break from the gate.

Tomorrow at Gulfstream race 6 - there is an allowance race at 9 furlongs which has drawn a salty group as the real prep for the FOY. It will be the season debut for my #10 Pulsion who has been on my Derby Dozen since list #1. This son of Include will relish dirt and the distance and may develop into a top 5 prospect soon. The race also includes Billy Mott's best Derby horse - Drosselmeyer who will be making his season debut of some sizzling bullets over the deep Payson Park surface.

Stay tuned - next weekend my #3 American Lion will make his debut againt some good company. Also my #5, the freak Eightyfiveinafifty will return at Aqueduct in the Whirlaway stakes.

Its only 13 weeks to the Kentucky Derby. Saddle up.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Afleet Express needs to get over his gate issues. Had a horrible break.

Zenyatta John said...

Yes , and Johnny seemed to rush him up later in the race too.

But it was just a starting point and am looking forward to his two turn debut.