Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

never have I seen before -

I coundn't believe my eyes last night.

While waiting for Del Mar race 6 , my race provider Capitol OTB was showing a harness race from the Meadowlands. I HATE harness racing. Best drug wins. I've worked on the backstretch. Their horses don't get treated very well. I just hate harness racing.

But - I love to watch horse races. I have found that Meadowlands harness races are AWESOME to watch because they race on a one mile oval rather than going twice around a bull ring. Horses close from dead last at the Meadowlands and most of the finishes have at least 3 horses on the wire - very exciting racing to watch.

I thought I'd seen it all.

In Sweden , they race their trotters without a sulky. That's right - they have a jockey on their back - AND THEY TROT !!! It is the funniest thing to watch, your waiting for the jock to crack the whip and for the horse to stretch its legs - but they keep trotting...

But last evening - at the Meadowlands - for the first time in 30 years - they ran a harness race ON THE TURF !! The wheels of the sulky were 1/3 in the grass. You could only see 2/3 rds of the wheels !! I watched in amazement. As usual with the Meadowlands, the finish was awesome and a horse came from dead last to roar down the stretch to win ...

Just when you think you've seen it all ....

No comments: