Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ZJ's Double Derby Dozen 2011 - #7

Well-

A few changes this week on the DDD #7. I've dropped the two fillies - Dancinginherdreams and Turbulent Decent. Dancinginherdreams returned over the weekend with an average performance which wasn't what I was looking for. She certainly will improve off that effort , but she might not be as special as I first thought. Turbulent Decent is working wonderfully for her 2011 debut and if she comes back like a runnin fool, she might return to the list.

I had a few returnees to the DDD #7. Jaycito returns as Bullet Bob Baffert has figured out his issues and he's working very well for his 2011 debut next week. Runflatout also returned to the list but with much trepidation. While he may prove to be one of the best in his 2011 class , he didn't start as a 2 yr old - which almost eliminates him from Derby contention.

New to the DDD #7 is Machen. Mr Howard has another prospect here. While his speed fig was not that fast last time, but he handled his two turn debut with style. Slow splits could have hampered him , but he split horses at the top of the stretch and opened up 10 lengths to win for fun. He is out of a G1 grass mare but seems to be having fun playing on the dirt.

There is something funny about putting out my DDD. I posted list #1 in December. It seems so funny to me that horses I have on my list that are "off most people's radar types" have popped up on lists in newspapers, blogs, and TV shows. I saw Nick Kling's first list yesterday , and I swear he picked his horses off my previous 6 lists!  I mean - who else other than me was touting Dancinginherdreams as a freak and also had a horse yet to start , Runflatout, on my first 5 lists!  Well low and behold Nick Kling of the Troy Record did! I'm glad he reads my blog and respects my opinion, but somehow I feel a twinge of disrespect since he doesn't acknowledge me on Twitter and when I've e-mailed him for whatever reason I've never gotten a response.  I know I'm crazy but at least pay a little respect when its due. I have a great eye for horse talent via watching strides so I enjoy my DDD and don't mind sharing my opinion but it seems fishy to me with some of the horses on other people's lists. It could be coincidence that Mr Kling had the same horses , but I don't believe in coincidences myself.

So here we go - ZJ's Double Derby Dozen #7 -

1. TO HONOR AND SERVE - remains my top dog.

2. ROGUE ROMANCE - is shipping to the Fair Grounds for 2011 debut.

3. DIALED IN - jumped up after amazing win in Holy Bull.

4. UNCLE MO - had first slow work of the season.

5. BREAK UP THE GAME - a serious two turn horse

6. MUCHO MACHO MAN - will get a ton out of Holy Bull return.

7. TAPIZAR - speedy son of Tapit enjoying So Cal sun.

8. SOLDAT - son of War Front has some serious speed.

9. ELITE ALEX - Cash is King back on 'the trail'.

10. WASHINGTON'S RULE - Fountain of Youth should be next.

11. BAND BOX - anticipating his return.

12. COMMA TO THE TOP - win streak is at five.

13. THE FACTOR - only going 7 furlongs in next - needs to stretch out.

14. JAYCITO - working up a storm for Baffert.

15. MACHEN - (new) - looked good drawing away in 2 turn debut.

16. BRETHREN - some people like him - I don't.

17. LEAVE OF ABSENCE - will give him on more chance.

18. CASPER'S TOUCH - McPeek runner is training best in the barn.

19. ECONOMIC SUMMIT - last was good , needs to return soon.

20. SOVEREIGN DEFAULT - is returning very soon.

21. WILKINSON - Mr Howard has another good one here.

22. RUNFLATOUT - finally debuted and crushed them - next?

23. UNCLE SAM - needs to put in a good effort next time.

24. MONZON - will run all day.

That's it - ZJ's Double Derby Dozen as of February 2, 2011 ~  Questions or Comments?

No comments: