Open w/$300 Deposit & get Weekend Pass FREE!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Einstein I wasn't ..

Well-

My horse Blue Exit was eased ( an later euthanized, I'm very sad to report) according to that rapidly aging, three phrase babbling Trevor Denmon. I used to enjoy his race calls. He has fallen off the map to the land of unlistenable. If I hear " it looks like he jumped in at the quarter pole" one more freaking time ... He's fallin so far, he's next to that marble - mouthed , single eyed ( not really - but he can only see one horse at a time), Frank Dwyer.

To me - the only way to judge a race call is to Listen not Watch the race and see how easily you follow the race flow. Twenty years ago I would place my bets and listen on the radio to the live calls. I got to the point the if Frank Dwyer was calling races - I would turn around and NOT BET because he made me hate Listening to races. Worst caller of all time. Hundreds of times , this dope would be calling a race - its horse A and horse B battling down the stretch - to the wire - and C horse wins .. WHAT ?? The C Horse ?? Yep - he was famous for the first time he called the winner was as he CROSSED THE WIRE !! I hated the guy and now you Trevor , are right behind Frank as the 2nd worst of all time. Buy a thesaurus for goodness sake...

Boy do I long to hear the voice of one of the best ever - Lute K ... I can still hear that deep voice - "All in line for the-aaaah Mizzez Revere ..." God Bless you Lute ..

Anyway - Einstein was awesome today in the Big Cap ... Helen Pitts-Blasi deserves mucho credit for his continued fine preparation and for shipping him to S.A. for another G1 for the old warroir. Mrs Pitts-Blasi became the First Female to train the winner of the Big Cap. Wow, a standing ovation for both the trainer and her horse.

Back with free picks soon -

No comments: